We are committed to protecting your privacy. That is because we base our business on trust you place in us. This policy describes our practices regarding personal and account information collected through our web site.
Do we use shared your data?
No. We currently do not analyze or look at the secrets in any manual or automated way. A couple of people have suggested we analyze the data anonymously for statistical purposes (to gather stats on weak passwords, etc.). We currently don't have any plans on doing this, but might consider it in the future. We will definitely mention it here if we do.
How safe is this?
We feel that this tool is definitely safer than using email or chat tools to send private information. However, if you are concerned that any third party (ie. us) holding this data is a risk, then you should consider either encrypting the data first and passing the credentials for this one-time via another means, or use something else altogether (GnuPG is a good candidate).
What information do we collect?
The amount and type of personal and account information we collect from you depends on your activities and use of our web site. Below, we explain what information we collect under specific contexts.
How do we protect personal information?
- We use secure, encrypted mechanisms (SSL) when accepting and transmitting information.
- We regularly perform security audits and updates on our servers.
When you browse our web site
- IP address - We collect your IP address to measure our web site traffic and to help prevent malicious use.
- Referral web site - If you come to our web site via a link, we collect the location of the link that referred you.
- Browser and platform - We collect information about the browser you are using to help optimize our web site for visitors.